Monday, June 30, 2008

Turbo Tart

So this has become my regular set up, popping the bike on the turbo, face at tv, find suitable music channel and sweat more then I've pee-ed in the past week, YUM!





I'm 3 weeks today since my accident and I haven't taken the bike out on the road yet. It's hard to keep the head high when you're not racing and the Paralympics are looming around the corner. I feel now that I might just be going to participate and not compete. I was meant to be going to Madrid this Friday to do a 2 day tandem race but my manager asked another girl to do the job for me without telling me. Still though I did get the final selection and I have officially been selected to compete with Catherine.

To add to this my coach has not been answering my emails and queries on turbo training, so I am forced to make this up myself. Now I've been competing for a number of years without coaching and I feel I have a fair bit of knowledge but it would be nice to bounce ideas back and forth with someone.

But one thing I have to say is the support I am getting from the cycling community has been amazing. I got emails from people I would only know from racing, well wishes from different clubs then my own and the track cycling commission of Ireland also sent me well wishes. I got fantastic emails of support from the internet community too. That makes me so happy. There are some great folks out there.

Ha I'm just after reading back on my last post! I was high on Tylex. That's my excuse for the bad spelling and grammar!!

No comments: