Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Clavical x-ray
The bike in front of me clipped the wheel ahead of it and hit the deck. I could of gone around only that there was a van coming up the other side of the road... and it wasn't all that long ago I hit one of those. The only choice I had was to treat my full carbon sexy bike like a mountain bike and hop over the fallen bike and avoid the decked cyclist. Well i knocked myself out cold. Supposedly when I woke up, being a nurse, I was telling the crowd what to do in medical terms! Haha! Don't remember that!
Into an ambulance and off to hospital. Broken collar bone and a few bruises, scraps and concussion. I met the other cyclist there. The van unfortunetly rolled over their foot and the thing was the size of a melon. It could of been worse for me when I saw that, luckly I didn't choice the option to go around them.
So off the bike now for 4 weeks... I'm gonna make that 3. Turbo training all the way and no races for a month ): I hope I will be fit enough for Beijing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Holy... crap. :(
That whole cycling thing is way too dangerous. Come live with me and we'll open a rubber ducky shop. Rubber duckies are safe.
Back in the ambulance? Was it Karl again? I bet he orchestrated the whole thing, just to see you again...
*sigh* Poor, poor little thing :( [You, not Karl]. Take care of yourself. Rest well. Damn... I just don't know what to say. :(
Lol! No thankfully it wasn't Karl this time. I don't think I would of been able to handle him feeling as crap as I was. I know I would of told him to F-off.
Yes rubber duckies! This cycling thing is becoming a danger to my health. Hopefully that's all my bad luck out of the way for a while now.
ha, tis site is getting open for comments now.
and my blog account also works!
Post a Comment