Jaysus! I've just realised what a moaner I am! Ok, ok things aren't that bad!! That day I just got grief off the auld pa and my mates were looking at me like I had ten heads for not wanting to go out drinking due to wanting to spend my weekend training.
Well things have perked up. I live in south Dublin and cycled to Drogheda there yesterday. It was over a 5 hour cycle and the day before I was out for 4 hours. I came in shattered. The look of in my Dads eyes, at me totally wrecked, paid off all the hard work. I think he was proud. Damn father/daughter relationships! Why do I feel the need to make him proud? I suppose it's cus I'm so proud of him too. He is after the first man in my life. When I see him frustrated at me I feel bad and guilty that I'm not like the rest of his friends or families daughters who can boast of jobs/boyfriends/babies.
Today is rest day. I've up-turned the house and cleaning it from top to bottom. No corner is going to be missed. Better get back to mopping and dreaming of that medal...
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment